Shredded or chopped chicken, brisket or pork as prepared for other recipes
Scramble the eggs according to personal taste and set aside.
Sauté the bell peppers, mushrooms and onions, set aside.
Cook the potatoes according to package instructions.
If assembling the tacos immediately, warm the meat and tortillas. Add eggs, veggies, cheese, potatoes and salsa as desired.
If prepping for meals later in the week, store the eggs, veggies and potatoes in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
English Muffin Sandwich
4 slices turkey bacon
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
4 whole wheat muffins
1 large tomato, sliced into ½”thick slices
Brown bacon according to package directions.
Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk. Add seasoning and stir to incorporate.
Spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Ladle ¼ egg mixture into skillet and cook, omelet style, until eggs are cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
Slide omelet onto a plate and repeat with remaining eggs; cover with foil to keep warm.
Toast English muffin. Fold or trim omelet to fit in English muffin, top with bacon and tomato.
This sandwich can be varied to suit your tastes. Add avocado and low fat mozzarella, pesto with sautéed mushrooms, salsa with black bean spread, marinara sauce with sliced grilled chicken, a vegetarian version with sautéed veggies and without any form of meat.
Cereal!!! Yes, you can have cereal. Choose healthy varieties - Cheerios, Kashi options. Really any low sugar, low fat, preferably all-natural cereal is totally acceptable!
As always, remember your leftover dinner makes GREAT no fuss, no muss lunch options. For some reason, I am awful at creating healthy lunch options. So I rely on others who are WAY better at it than I am!
From Lizzie Fuhr on Popsugar Fitness - Veggie Hummus Sandwich VEGGIE HUMMUS SANDWICH 2 slices of sprouted whole-grain bread 2 tablespoons hummus 3 thin slices of cucumber 2 thin slices of tomato 3 slices of avocado 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts 1/4 cup grated carrots
1. Toast your bread. 2. Spread one tablespoon of hummus on each slice of bread, layer up your veggies, and enjoy!
From Nancy Kennedy, at the Hollywood Wrap - Quinoa Wraps QUINOA WRAPS 1/2 cup quinoa, dry 3/4 cup chickpeas 1/2 cup dried cranberries 1/3 cup raisins 1/4 cup sunflower seeds 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped 4 whole-wheat tortillas (8-inch)
1. Put the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under running water until it no longer looks soapy. 2. Bring 1 cup of water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add the quinoa, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed. When done, it should be light and fluffy when tossed with a fork. Set aside to cool. 3. Add the chickpeas, cranberries, raisins, sunflower seeds, and parsley to the quinoa and mix well. 4. Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, mustard, and dill in a small bowl. 5. Spread 1/4 of the quinoa mixture in the center of each tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch border on the sides and bottom. Drizzle on the dressing. Fold the bottom end of the tortilla up and over the filling, fold in both sides, and continue rolling. Serve!
From Jenny Sugar at Popsugar Fitness - Flat Belly Salad PINEAPPLE BLUEBERRY SALAD WITH LEMON CHIA SEED DRESSING For the salad: 2 cups Bibb lettuce 1/3 cucumber, diced 1/4 cup fresh pineapple chunks 1/4 cup fresh blueberries 1/4 avocado, diced 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
For the lemon chia seed dressing: 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (juice from half a lemon) 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup 1/4 teaspoon chia seeds
1. Place salad ingredients in a bowl. 2. Whisk together dressing ingredients. Drizzle onto salad, and enjoy!
1 cup of berries or grapes
1 apple, pear, banana or orange
Mini-English muffin 'pizza'
White Bean and Chicken Stew 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 tablespoon butter 1 onion, small dice 2 carrots, small dice 2 celery stalks, small dice 4 cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning Pinch or two sea salt ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper 3 (15 ounce) cans small white beans (or navy beans), drained and rinsed 4 cups chicken stock, hot About 3 cups shredded or chopped chicken breast 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped 1 teaspoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Place a large Dutch oven, or heavy bottom pot, over medium-high heat; next, add the olive oil and the butter to the pot, and allow them to melt together; once melted and hot, add in the diced onion, carrots and celery, and allow them to soften and saute for about 5 minutes. 2. Next, add in the garlic, and once it becomes aromatic, add in the Italian seasoning, the sea salt and the pepper, along with the white beans, and stir to combine; next, add in the hot chicken stock and chicken breast. 3. Stir, and allow the stew to gently simmer for about 40-45 minutes, partially covered with lid. 4. About half way through the cooking process, mash the beans a little bit with the back of your spoon, or with a potato masher, to break up the beans a little bit and release their natural starch to thicken the stew. 5. After about 40 minutes, turn the heat off and finish the stew by adding in the chopped parsley, the lemon zest and the lemon juice; serve the stew with some nice, crusty bread to dip!
Veggie Lasagna 7 oz lowfat goat cheese 1/3 cup chopped pitted black olives 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme ½ tablespoon dried basil ½ tablespoon dried oregano 2 teaspoons minced garlic 4 cups prepared pasta sauce 1 pound whole-wheat lasagna Freshly ground black pepper 2 small zucchini, diced 2 small summer squash, diced ¾ cup bottled roasted red pepper, diced ¼ cup grated Parmesan
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Mix goat cheese, olives, thyme, basil, oregano, and garlic in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. 2. Spread 1 cup pasta sauce on the bottom of an 8" x 11" baking dish. Add one layer of lasagna and season with black pepper. Add a layer of zucchini, squash, and red pepper. Dollop spoonfuls of goat cheese mixture over vegetables and spread to cover. Repeat layers, finishing with pasta and sauce. 3. Sprinkle Parmesan on top, cover with foil and bake 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes or until top browns. Let stand 10 minutes; serve.
1. Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Toss onion, garlic, chicken, cumin, oil, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. 2. Grill onion and chicken until cooked through and lightly charred, about 4 minutes per side. Let chicken rest 5 minutes before slicing. 3. Serve with tortillas, avocados, salsa verde, cilantro, radishes, and lime wedges.